When I was on my best behavior in kindergarten I received a gold-star sticker from Miss Sheffield. Unfortunately that was a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away and the last time I received a gold star, until I enjoyed the perks of this concierge service. My impression of the Royal Palm Club at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, gold-star standard!
The Royal Palm Club is the crème de la crème of “club level” or better known to some as “concierge” service! It’s located on the third, fourth and fifth floors of the main building at the Grand Floridian via private gold elevator, not to be confused with concierge in the hotel lobby. All hotel rooms in the main building of this resort are “club level” Royal Palm Club rooms. There is a less expensive “club level” located in the Sugar Loaf building, which is nice, but NOT the same, NOT even close!
With Club Level you can generally expect:
* Private, Club Level Check-in usually located within the concierge building or a private club level floor.
* Club Level Guest Services available from 7am-10pm.
* Pre-trip planning for those who need help making advance reservations for dining, tickets and/or shows.
* Location of rooms or CL Lounge is convenient to main lobby, transportation or recreational areas.
* Two robes in your guest room- I have to admit they aren’t the most comfortable or fashionable robes I’ve ever had on.
* Small refrigerator and coffee maker with a selection of teas and coffees. I think most Disney moderate and deluxe hotels offer these items also.
* Continental Breakfast- 7am-10:30am each morning of your stay. Offerings include coffee, juice, tea, fruit, breads and breakfast pastries.
* Snacks 11am-4pm- Crackers, nuts, gummy worms, cookies and pretzels.
* They have fresh whole fruit and beverages available most the day.
* Appetizers 5pm-7pm- Hot appetizers, crudités, fruit/cheese tray and most any beverage including wine and beer.
* Desserts and Cordials 8pm-10pm- Dessert are those served at Walt Disney World Resort restaurants and look and taste divine. Don’t forget your cordials (if legal age) yes, I said cordials plural; I might have more than one to drink, don’t judge me, lol!
* Evening Turn Down service with chocolates- My daughters favorite thing about CL, she steals all our chocolates and eats them herself.
* Personalized Chocolate Welcome gift.
* Ability to check-out movies and board games from CL Lobby.
* Secure access via MagicBand/Key Card to the private CL building, floor or lounge.
* Extra toiletries
* Stocked mini-bar in some of the rooms.
* When you purchase souvenirs in the parks and opt to have them sent back to your Disney resort, they will have it in your room instead of your hotel gift shop like standard rooms.
Like I said in a previous post~It’s a splurge, plain and simple. No matter what special offer you receive, you will spend more for this service, unless you receive a magical upgrade. I factor the cost for this extra service by how much time my family will spend at the resort. Then I calculate how much we would spend on breakfast, snacks and soft drinks/spirits throughout our trip. If the price isn’t absolutely exorbitant, I’ll book it!
Exclusivity in this premier hotel will cost you, the price is not very magical, but staying here will enhance your family’s overall experience at Walt Disney World Resort! The concierge lounge is also a great place to bond with Disney cast-members and Disney lovers alike.