Appreciation and LOVE to my daddy and my brother for their dedication and service!!!!
- Veterans Day was once known as Armistice Day. The term comes from an armistice between Germany and Allied Nations on November 11, 1918. Also known the armistice ending on the eleventh hour, of the eleventh day of the eleventh month. World War 1 actually ended on June 28, 1919, during the Treaty of Versailles. The first Armistice Day was acknowledged on November 11, 1919. 1954 the name was actually changed to Veterans Day.
- November 11th is both a State and Federal Holiday.
- Veterans are people who served in the military in times of peace and war.
- Veterans Day pays tribute to all veterans, living or dead as opposed to Memorial Day during which we pay tribute to those that lost their lives in combat.
- Currently over 2 million female veterans.
- 21 million living Veterans
- Approximately 90% of Disney employees worked in the making of propaganda and training videos during World War II.
- Disney made films for each branch of the United States government.
- Nearly 10 million veterans are 65 years or older.
- The word veteran comes from the nomenclature of the old English language, meaning old experienced soldier.
- Arlington National Cemetery has a ceremony on Veterans Day every year to honor those who died during times of war. The ceremony is held at the “Tomb of the Unknown Soldier” and at 11:00 AM, on November 11, a combined color guard representing all military services executes “Present Arms” at the tomb.
THANK YOU for your BRAVERY, HARD WORK and DEDICATION to our country!