Let me preface this by saying I’m a weenie! So much so, if the electricity went out unexpectedly, you would find me in the corner sucking my thumb. So, imagine my reaction when asked to attend Universal Studios Halloween Horror Nights 2018! I felt some kind of way to say the least, more like, pack me a diaper, please!
The 80’s themed Halloween Horror Nights ran for 36 days and was chock full of nostalgia, it was also the longest hauntings in #HHN28 history! It ran from September 14 through November 3, 2018. Being a child of the 80’s, it was right up my alley, just NOT the alley I wanted to live by, or in this case, die by, lol!
* This is a separate ticketed event! For current pricing and up-to-date information, check out- Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Orlando Resort
They tricked-out ten spookalicious haunted houses this year. Fearless fledglings like myself were scratching, screaming and gnawing to get out, flamboyant much!?
- Stranger Things- MOST POPULAR
- Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers
- Horrors of Blumhouse
- Trick ‘r Treat
- Dead Exposure: Patient Zero
- Carnival Graveyard:Rust in Pieces
- Slaughter Sinema
- Seeds of Extinction
- ScaryTales: Deadly Ever After
The scenery, backdrops and attention to detail was impeccable. My only suggestion~ make sure the Scare Zone costumes are fastened all the way up in the back, I don’t like to see the persons hair underneath, kinda ruins the illusion. Also, they need to camouflage their actual face through the mouth of the costume better. Besides that, it was a highlight of my trip.
- Revenge of Chucky- bummed, somehow I missed seeing this one!
- Killer Klowns from Outer Space- this was way more fun, than scary!
- The Harvest- My second favorite!
- Twisted Tradition- My favorite of them all!
- Vamp85: New Year’s Eve- silly 80’s themed bloody characters wandering around!
- Academy of Villains: Cyberpunk– A high-energy interactive show full of choreography and stunts.
Being a self-proclaimed fraidy cat, my take away from this experience might surprise you. As cliché as this may seem, I realized that I can do anything that I set my mind to and you can too! I overcame my fear and actually had a blast doing it. The rush, paired with my adrenaline, made me feel alive and quite POWERFUL!
Fun Fact- it helps to have a friend in front of you whose more afraid than you, I spent more time laughing at her and less time worried about me~ shoutout to Jenn!