I’m overjoyed when visiting Walt Disney World Resort! I know a kiss from macho Mickey Mouse is near and that Disneylicious delectables are inevitably going to tickle my taste buds!
My family’s confectionary checklist consists of 5 Must-Have Desserts when visiting Disney Parks. Our favorite on-property treats are:
#1 The Pineapple Dole Whip is a true Disney legend. It can be found at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort at the Pineapple Lanai and/or Aloha Isle in Disney’s Magic Kingdom Park. Price for the Pineapple Float is $5.49 and $4.49 for the Pineapple Dole Whip Cup. Tamu Tamu Refreshments in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Park has the aforementioned Dole Whips, plus they also have the alcoholic versions with Dark or Coconut Rum for $7.
- 4 Cups Frozen Pineapple
- 1 Cup Milk of Choice (Coconut Milk is great in this recipe)
- 1 Tsp Fresh Lime Juice
Add ingredients into high speed blender and mix until smooth. Make sure Pineapple is still frozen or it will not work.
#2 Kitchen Sink at Beaches and Cream Soda Shop located in The Beach Club Resort. The Price is $32 and it’s to die for, I mean you could die of a sugar-high, lol. Sugar-high or not, we devour every last slurp and gulp of this over-the-top sweet treat.
- 2-4oz of Vanilla Ice Cream
- 2-4oz of Strawberry “
- 2-4oz of Chocolate “
- 1-4oz of Mint Chocolate Chip “
- 1-4 oz of Coffee Ice Cream “
- 1/2 Cup Fudge Sauce, warmed
- 1/2 Cup Butterscotch Sauce, warmed
- 1/2 of Peanut Butter Topping, warmed
- 1 Cinnamon Spice Cupcake
- 3 T of Chocolate Syrup
- 1 medium Banana
- 1 Angel Food Cupcake
- 1/4 Cup Marshmallow Crème
- 1/4 Strawberry Topping
- 1/4 Cup Pineapple Topping
- 1 14oz can of Dairy Whipped Topping
- 1 Brownie
- 1 regular sized candy bar
- 4 Chocolate Cookies with Crème Filling
- 1 T Sliced Toasted Almonds
- 1 T Dark & White Chocolate Shavings
- 1 T Chocolate Cookies with Crème Filling , Crushed
- 1 T Chopped Jellied Orange Slices
- 1 T Milk Chocolate Chip Morsels
- 1 T Peanut Butter Chip Morsels
- 1 T Chocolate Sprinkles
- 1 T Rainbow Sprinkles
- 1/2 Cup drained Maraschino Cherries
#3 Ten Gallon Challenge Sundae at the Wilderness Lodge Resort in Whispering Canyon Café. The price is $27 and it’s served in a giant plastic cowboy hat (ten gallon hat.) So bring plenty of hungry cowpokes.
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Chocolate Ice Cream
- Strawberry Ice Cream
- Mine Chocolate Ice Cream
- A full piece of Apple Pie
- Graham Cracker Crumbles
- A whole Vanilla Cupcake
- Strawberry Sauce
- Caramel Sauce
- A Skewer of Toasted Marshmallows
- 2 Chocolate Brownies
- Chocolate covered Bacon
#4‘ Ohana Bread Pudding located at ‘Ohana in Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort. The price is around $4.99 a slice or included with your meal at the all-you-care-to-enjoy price ($46 per adult).
‘Ohana Bread Pudding:
- 5 Eggs
- 3 Cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 8 Cups French Bread (Or Pineapple Coconut Bread)
Mix all of the ingredients together in a bowl, excluding the bread and set aside. Cut the French Bread into pieces and place on a cookie sheet in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes. Remove the bread from oven and place the bread in the egg and milk mixture. Then place mixture in a greased 10-inch cake pan and bake at 325 degrees for one hour. Let stand for 5 minutes then serve hot with ice cream on top.
Banana Foster Sauce:
- 4 OZ Sugar
- 4 OZ Brown Sugar
- 4 OZ Unsalted Butter
- 4 OZ Corn Syrup
- 1 Cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Spiced Rum
- 1 Cup Banana Slices
Combine Sugar, Brown Sugar, Corn Syrup, Butter and Half of Heavy Cream in a large pan. Bring to a boil and slowly add remaining Heavy Cream keeping mixture at a steady boil. Add Spiced Rum and flambé. Candy will brown slightly; cook 3 minutes until candy forms into a firm ball in cold water. Remove from heat and add Vanilla. Add sliced Bananas. Serve warm.
#5 Wet your whistle with Gaston’s sidekick inspired beverage~ LeFou’s Brew. The delightful non-alcoholic drink is sold at Gaston ‘s Tavern in New Fantasyland at Magic Kingdom Park!
- No sugar added Frozen Apple Juice
- A hint of Toasted Marshmallow
- Topped with all-natural Passion Fruit-Mango Foam
“Tonga Toast” at Disney’s Polynesian Village Resort and the “Grey Stuff” at Be our Guest Restaurant in Magic King Park also the “Nutella Waffle Sandwich” at Sleepy Hollow Refreshments in Magic Kingdom Park. Yummy to your tummy, Bon Appetit!