Top TEN Disney Facts
- Well #1 not really a secret, but I would definitely suggest when entering all the Theme Parks except Animal kingdom, go Left instead of right –being that most peeps are right-handed & tend to go that direction.
- Also another fave of my family’s is to jump on the Walt Disney Railroad (train) right when we arrive, therefore beating all the walkers by several minutes to hours. We like to jump on Thunder Mountain & Splash then go over to Haunted Mansion, then we feel we can chill and take the rest of day at slower pace because we’ve got some of the big ones out-of-the-way.
- Mickey has more than 295 outfits – from a scuba suit to a lighted tuxedo. Minnie, has more than 205 – from cheerleading to evening gowns.
- If you look closely at the mosaic mural on the fourth-floor lobby of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, you can see a five-legged goat facing the monorail track.
- SAD FACT: Probably the most painful time of Walt’s private life, was the accidental death of his mother in 1938. After the great success of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, Walt and Roy bought their parents, Elias and Flora Disney, a home close to the studios. Less than a month later Flora died of asphyxiation caused by a faulty furnace in the new home. The terrible guilt of this haunted Walt for the rest of his life.
- It took less than 30 minutes to evacuate thousands of guests from the theme parks on Sept. 11, 2001. After the Sept. 11 attacks, the Federal Aviation Administration put a flight restriction over the Disney World resort. It extends out in a three-mile radius from Cinderella’s Castle and up to 3,000 feet.
- Weirdest things ever found on Disney property? A glass eye, a prosthetic leg and a potty trainer — all of which were claimed.
- Walt Disney sometimes used alias names, at times, Walt Disney used the names “Retlaw Elias Yensid” or “Retlaw Yensid”. These are both his real name spelled backwards. In the movie “Fantasia”, Disney named the sorcerer “Yen Sid”- the letters of “Disney” reversed. It’s said that when Disney was searching for land to build a theme park on, he used the name “M.T. Lott” so potential sellers wouldn’t hike prices up on him.
- In the 60s, long hair and facial hair was considered to be a sign of hippies, & Disney could not afford to be associated with this. Thus a policy was born requiring all male employees to have short hair and no facial hair at the theme parks. It took until 2000 for the theme parks to renege on the policy. Now male employees are allowed to have neatly trimmed moustaches (get it Mouse-staches).
- BIG TIP literally walk by the bushes of the Neverland Club at the POLY and look into them real close, I’ve found cash (10) & (40) literally lying in them, silver Mickey head bottle opener wrapped up like trash—
- Find the Water Fountain behind Cinderella’s castle; it is Cinderella holding a bird. If you stand in front of it and curtsey something will happen
- When getting on the Riverboat ask to ride in the pilot house and receive official riverboat pilots certificates.
- Around closing time go to the Star Wars attraction and be VERY quiet, you will be able to hear Ewok’s gathered around a campfire talking about their plans for the next day.