*Mahogany Bay Private Beach Cabanas~ Price $225.99 / Cabana
Take a breathtaking chairlift ride on the Magical Flying Beach Chair from the Cruise Center directly to Mahogany Beach. There you can chill out with the family or alone with a good book (trust me, I get it) from the comfort of your private cabana. Soak in the obscenely killer view of the ocean and all its wonderment from one of the most envied vantage points on Mahogany Bay. My family will be celebrating our daughters 19th birthday at this mythical location as we are locked in for this excursion in less than 10 days. Woot!
• Air conditioned cabana accommodates up to four guests and includes the use of a semi-private beach area.
• It features two lounge chairs, a hammock, shared community beach furnishings, floats and waiter service.
• Note: The rental rate is per cabana. Only one guest need purchase the reservation for the group (maximum 4 guests). Chairlift tickets are included.
• Book as shore excursion through the cruise line.
*Clip’N’Zip Canopy Tours ~ Price $59.99/per person (varies)
Clip’N’Zip’s Canopy Tour is located within a 150 acre nature preserve where guests enjoy an up close experience with Roatan’s lush jungle.
Canopy tours include:
• A short hike up to the top through dry oak forest with huge hundred year old oak trees
• After the 4th station, the vegetation changes to lush rainforest
• While resting on the platforms, you may see birds, deer, hawks, iguanas, agoutis and other wildlife
• As you zip along, you’ll see picturesque ocean and island views
• Clip’N’Zip is the closest to the island’s two cruise ship terminals
• Book through your cruise shore excursion desk
* Shipwreck Snorkeling and Beach Break~ Price $69.99 Adults, $39.99 Children 12 & under, Children under 4-Free (varies)
• 5 hour excursion
• RT Transfer from Cruise Ship Dock
• Snorkel Gear and Life Jackets
• Onboard Local Beer, Soft Drinks and Snacks
• 2 Snorkel Stops and 1 Beach Stop
• Fun Family Fishing
This excursion is available on a per person basis or may be privately chartered for up to 10 peeps. Your snorkeling adventure departs from West End, a stunning village protected by a coral reef. Enjoy your view while sailing to the first snorkeling site; the famous Blue Channel. It’s time for your second snorkeling adventure; a 110 year old sunken shipwreck. Last stop on this amazing excursion; a secluded beach club retreat.
* Jungle Eco Walkway, Treetop Suspension Bridges and Beach Break Excursion~ Excursion Price $39.99 Observer Price $24.99 (varies)
A one of a kind true eco tour! Enjoy trekking through walkways and treetop suspension bridges; talk about a birds eye view of Roatan. The property looks like a scene from a movie with its jungle-like setting and more importantly its inhabitants: iguanas, tropical birds and lizards. At the end of the adventure, join the beach bums for some fun in the sun.
• Duration 4 hours
• Activity Level Moderate
• Minimum Age: All Ages
• Available for cruise ship passengers arriving at Port of Roatan, Coxen Hole and Mahogany Bay
• RT transportation from the cruise pier
• Great fun for whole family
*Private Tour to Animal Sanctuary and Private Beach~ Price: Varies
If you’re anything like me, then you’ve always wanted to hold a monkey and I don’t mean our children (Ba-da-bum-ching.) This tour takes you to a bird and monkey sanctuary that rehabilitates parrots, macaws and other jungle creatures. After your cuddle time is up, it’s on like Donkey Kong to a private beach for family time. Venture over to the kayaks, beach toys, lounge chairs and an open bar, it’s all included.
• Meet your private guide at the port and head by minivan to your first stop, a bird and monkey sanctuary.
• Duration 4 to 5 hours
• Departs from either the Mahogany Bay Cruise Center or the Town Center /Port of Roatan cruise ship terminal
• Time of departure 8AM
• Private beach access
• Lunch Snacks for kids
• 3 drink tickets for any drinks of your choice
• Entrance fees to wildlife sanctuary
• Beach chairs, hammocks, water floaters and beach toys
• Access to showers and washrooms
• Port pickup and drop-off